A private, international research university, Boston University, is situated in Boston, Massachusetts. The institution is the fourth-largest university in the country and one of the biggest in Boston. Three regional campuses make up the BU campus. The largest cultural group, 250 active members, and 1,000 alumni make up the Indian committee at Boston University’s main campus.
Three campuses make up Boston University, the main one close to the Charles River. The 175-acre, citywide BU campus spans the entire city. The institution hosts 500 student clubs, ski races, performances, concerts, and more than 50 exhibitions annually. Students can navigate the city using trolleys, buses, and the subway.
The campus of Boston University has 347 structures, 1,772 labs, 850 classrooms, and 12 libraries.
- Boston University experiences significant seasonal weather variations. Autumn temperatures range from 8 to 23 degrees Celsius. Temperatures in winter range from -17 to 3 °C and summer from 15 to 35 °C.
- The Boston Common and Public Garden, the Boston Public Library, the Boston Symphony Orchestra, Fenway Park, and the Freedom Trail are some destinations students can explore.
- Indian eateries like Mumbai Spice and India Quality Restaurant are nearby for students to grab a bite.
Both on-campus and off-campus places can enjoy the university’s first-rate eating options. Students can choose dining at more than 25 restaurants while living on campus. Students can also visit Quick-stop cafés and coffee shops, including Starbucks or Dunkin’ Donuts. Other off-campus eateries include India Quality Restaurant, Mumbai Spice, Einstein Bros. Bagels, Pavement Coffeehouse – BU, and so forth. 6,510 USD is the average cost of each meal.
More than 33,000 students currently attend the institution, 11,000 of whom are from abroad. The College of Arts and Sciences, College of Engineering, and Business School each have 14,000 students enrolled out of the total. BU exhibits a highly selective admissions strategy, with an acceptance rate of under 20%.
International applicants for graduate programmes must have a GPA of 3.0/4.0 (83-90%), a TOEFL-iBT score of 84, a GMAT score of 620-720, and a minimum of 2 years of work experience. 75,778 applications for various programmes were submitted to the university for Fall 2021 BU admission.
The average cost of attending Boston University is 60 lakhs, which includes 46 lakhs for tuition and 11 to 13 lakhs for annual living expenditures in the United States. Even though Boston University has several scholarships available, only merit-based scholarships are open to international students.
Up to 19.74 lakhs in tuition can be waived for students. A few Indian alumni of the university include Shradha Kapoor, Shweta Bachan Nandan, and Shradha Bhansali (CEO of Evo Foods). At Boston University, graduates may expect to make an average salary of 65 lakhs. Accenture, Amazon, Deloitte, and Adobe are a few of the major employers at the university.
Boston University Rankings 2023
The QS World Rankings for 2022 place Boston University at #108 globally. A few prominent ranking organisations that have given the university a ranking are listed below.
- Number 62 in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings for 2022
- Number 65 in the US News Rankings for Global Universities By US News Rankings,
- national universities are ranked #42
- #62 in Times Higher Education’s World University Rankings
- #75 in QS Global World Rankings’ Graduate Employability Rankings
- #112 in QS World University Rankings,
- #38 in US News Rankings’ Best Value Schools
- US News Rankings for the 70 Most Innovative Schools
Top universities in Massachusetts include Boston, MIT, Harvard, and Northeastern University.
Boston university admission 2023
Only 18.3 percent of candidates for undergraduate study and 12.2 percent for MBA programmes at Boston University are accepted. International applicants must present a GPA of 3.0/4.0 (83-90 percent) and a TOEFL-iBT score of 84 in order to be accepted to Boston University. For graduate students to apply, a minimum of two years of work experience and a GMAT score between 620 and 720 (average: 675).
A total of 33,657 students are enrolled in the university, 15,932 taking graduate courses and 16,530 undergraduate courses. 33 percent of the students at the university are from other nations, representing more than 100.
- Test-Optional: For applicants to Boston University in 2022, passing standardised tests like the GRE or GMAT is not required. Also look at Boston University’s programmes!
- Submission deadline: Fall and spring intakes are when BU accepts new students.
- Beginning on November 1 and ending in January, the bachelor’s program’s entrance deadlines. While BU masters degree admission cut off dates fluctuate, most programmes accept applications until April 15.
- For Boston University applications year 2022, the decision dates are February 15 for early admission and March 26 for regular admission.
At BU, there are more than 70 different majors and specialised academic programmes to select from. For Boston University’s numerous undergraduate programmes, more than 60,000 applications were submitted last year.